Tuesday, May 27, 2008

tender mercies






































We spent this past week at Lake Powell with our entire family of 21. I didn't think there was a chance we would get Trent and Jamie or Jason there, but things just fell into place for all 3 of them, and we ended up on the house boat with all 21 of us. That is 12 adults, 1 five year old, 2 three year olds, 2 two year olds, 2 one year 0lds, and 2 six-month-ishes. Take 21 people, wind, cold and one average size house boat and what do you get? Lots of noisy, lots of messes, and tons and tons of fun. Even when the temps dropped into the 40's over night, and the water temp dropped 7 degrees as well. How blessed I feel that we could be in such cramped quarters with less-than-desirable weather conditions, no generator, and still have such a good time together. Can I just tell you how much I love my family, and how great they are?

4 comments:

janae said...

It was a GREAT trip!! Thanks so much for everything that you do to make these trips happen. Great pics and great memories:)

jandnrichards said...

We had so much fun. I am so glad we were able to come. Thanks for the great trip and the great memories. love ya

Julie Miller said...

I love your pictures! How fun to see all your family and have them all together! I miss Lake Powell!

Mom/Wendy said...

Geri:
WHO is the excellent photographer?!!
Those pictures look professional.
Your family is awesome, there is no two ways around it.
Love ya