Tuesday, February 5, 2008

those were the days

I am trying to download an old photo of my family which I scanned into my computer. I hope it works. Anyway, I have been going through a bunch of old stuff trying to de-junk and came upon some gems. I have to share this one with you. Jeff was 8 yrs old, Trent was 18 months. I wrote, "Trent tore the pocket on one of Jeff's library books, and he was fined a dime by the library. It made him so mad! He said that Trent owed him a dime. I have told him that he is responsilbe for the book, he should have kept it away from Trent, etc. I told him that when he went to bed that I wanted him to think about it in his heart and decide what he thinks is right. He turned to me and said, "Well, I want you to think about something, too." I said, " What?" He replied,"The 2nd article of faith." I responded, "Oh?" "Yea," he said," Man should be punished for his own sins, and not for Adam's transgression!" In case you are wondering, this happened Jan 7, 1985. And you wonder why I sit back and laugh at you all, now?!
I can't get this photo to convert to a jpeg, so I guess you won't get to see it. Too bad, it really is funny.

4 comments:

janae said...

That is hilarious!!! Jeff has always had a way with words. what a smart 8 year old.

The Robinson Family said...

I love it!

Steve & Paula Leishman said...

I can totally see Jeff saying that!! What's going to happen when Macy starts in on that??? Sweet!!

Julie Miller said...

That is too funny! I try to write down all of Colby's stuff he says, too! It's too sad that we can't remember all those little sayings all the time!