Thursday, February 14, 2008

mission call






Well I didn't have to go online to find pictures of our next home for 18 months. We have been called to serve in the Cambodia Phnom Penh Mission for 18 months. We enter the MTC June 30th. I am still in shock.Any one who has talked to us about our trip last fall knows we fell in love with the Cambodian people, but they also know that we are going to a 3rd world country with pretty uncomfortable living conditions. This is a "fresh courage take" experience for me, for sure. Hope I practice what I preached to my sons on their missions, forget yourslef, go out there and work hard serving, do your best, do good, be happy, be obedient, don't worry about home, etc. etc. We are scared, excited, terrified, overwhelmed, you name it. Wow, I still can't believe it. New adventures await for sure. What wonderful people we are going to. We will need your prayers and support. Wow!

7 comments:

Aimee said...

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS THAT IT DESERVES CAPITAL LETTERS!

You are going to be the best couple missionaries in the WORLD. There is nothing better than serving and Lord for the Asian people. They are so humble and loving and wonderful.

What a fantastic call!

tyandmichellecall said...

What an adventure!!

The Robinson Family said...

CONGRATS! Atleast you were somewhat prepared. You always said you thought it might be Cambodia. What and adventure, learning experience, and more than anything a blessing! I am so excited for you! Wish I had seen you over Christmas even more now that it will be awhile. Congrats again! Love you guys!

annie janke said...

Congratulations!!...an experience like no other and you will be amazing! My boss's son (Taylor Jensen) is in this mission. He has been out only a few months. Since you have been in Cambodia and have wonderful pictures of your own, I won't forward the few I have seen via Taylor. It will be fun when you meet him.

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Yeah! You will learn to love being there and be sad to leave when it is all said and done!

Jami and Family said...

Hey I was so excited for you when I heard the news! You and Doug are going to be great missionaries!!

Jordan said...

Congratulations. Cambodia. So exciting. It will be an amazing experience for you guys and your entire family.