We recently got to spend a week in Texas with Jason and his family. It was great fun, especially since Jas had the week off and we got him all to ourselves. We took 3 days and went to Corpus Christi. I loved the beach there, it was so quiet and the sand was just great. Soft, squishy, wonderful sand. The kids had a ball . Cole says he wants to have his birthday party there. Course the next day when he passed Chick-Filet he said he wanted his party there, too! Ellie urned one while we were there and ate her birthday cake on the motel floor. She is really in love with ice cream now. One night we sent Jas and Nicole out to dinner and a movie and took the kids to Chucky Cheese. The pizza left much to be desired, but the kids were awesome. They sepecially liked the stop on the way home for Marble Slab ice cream. Cole and Ellie ate like there would be no tomorrow. They are really ice cream freaks, I think. Maddie enjoyed hers but was a bit more reasonible about it. We loved being with them all, and had a great time. Nicole even helped me find a great skirt for the mission.
When we got home we watched Macy and Owen for a few days while Jeff and Erin were in Hawaii. They are so darling and getting so big. Macy's favorite response was, " No, I too big." Do you want to eat? Go to Papa? Read a book? "No, I too big." Owen just grins and coos.
Kayla melted my heart when she called me the other day and said 'I love you gramma". Gracie calls me frequently to say hi. I am really going to miss that in Cambodia. Izzie has the greatest smile and quite likes her gramma Ger. LAter this week Trent will be coming so we will get Jamie and Lucy for a few days. Yea! How we miss being able to see them. As you can see, I adore my grandkids, so here are some pics of them.
7 comments:
Gr8 pix, esp. cute kids & Asia. We spent only 2 weeks in China in '06 but can't wait to go back.
And your grandkids love you!! Good thing you put pics of Texas since Nicole is such a slacker!! Cute pics
And your grandkids love you!! Good thing you put pics of Texas since Nicole is such a slacker!! Cute pics
Yeah for new pictures. I can't believe how big Jas and Nicoles kiddos are. Crazy how time flies. You will be back before you know it and thinking how much you miss Cambodia! I love the updates! Keep them coming!
Mmmm... the beach! That sounds nice.
Corpus Cristi? I am so jealous! I am glad you had such a good time! And to have Jason, too! What luck!
I think your grandkids are pretty cute, too. I'm so jealous you got to go to Corpus Christi, I think I miss the beach more than anything else.
Post a Comment