Monday, July 7, 2008
MTC
Well, I bought a new mini camera to take with us on the mission, and it failed to work at the MTC. Hence, no photos. We had a wonderful week, but it was a little more exciting than I had planned on. Tues AM Doug had a funny looking "bite" on his leg. When we looked again at 9pm that night his leg was very red and swollen and the "bite" was the size of a purple quarter. I convinced him something needed to be done, so he finally called our Dr friend, Randy Daines. He told us to go the the ER in Utah Valley now. We did, and after 2 1/2 hrs he was dignosed with a cellulitis. They have him an IV infusion of "gorilla" antibiotics, and sent us home wiht oral meds and instructions to come back at noon the next day for another dose. He did. That day they decided to culture it. Good thing, cause fri night they found that it needed a different antibiotic . He looks good now, and I guess we are good to go to Cambodia. It was a scarry experience, more for me than for him, cause he never worries or thinks about those things. I, on the other hand, think I know too much about the possible consequences. Jas and Trent both say it had the potenial to be pretty bad, so we feel very blessed. We spent the week-end in Star Valley with many of the kids, and tomorrow we fly out. The MTC was so amazing and wonderful. We learned sooo much. Can I just say that not only is the gospel true, but so is the church! Our training was terrific, everything was right on time, never went over. It was amazing to be there with all those young missionaires, too. We met our missionaries who are coming to Cambodia and bonded instantly. Everyone needs to know just how great the MTC is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good Luck! Can't wait for the updates.
Post a Comment