Doug and I got to go back to Ohio to spend some time with Trent, Jamie, and Lucy last week. I have to say, I really do love Ohio. What do I like about it, besides the fact that it houses some of my favorite people ? Well let's start with ice cream. Now I am not a huge ice cream fan, but I love love love Ohio ice cream. Grater's rasperry chocolate chunk or chocolate chocolate chunk are favorites. No one does dark chocolate chunks like they do. MMM good. Then there is Handels. Pick a flavor, any flavor. Especially if it has dark chocolate in it. Jamie is really into banana cream pie right now, and I must say it is pretty darn tasty. Then there is food in general. They really do know how to feed you out there. Greek, Asian, good old meat and potatoes, pizza ...take your pick. Shopping anyone? The selection puts SL to shame. Parks, museums, a world class zoo. Jamie and I took Lucy for a walk along the river one day. We could have just kept on going forever, it was so pretty and so walkable. I really am a water girl. The four of us checked out the Short North, the artsy district of Columbus on Sat. and had a great time browsing gallerys, antique shops, and you guessed it, another ice cream store. Anyone for Lavendar corriander, or salty carmel ice cream? Jeni's has flavors you never even dreamed of. Did I mention the Buckeyes? What an experience Ohio football is. The band brings you to tears. Just ask Jason.
I have to say, my favorite, though, was Kirtland, Ohio.
I love the spirit there, and I really think it is beautiful. How hard it must have been for those early saints to have to pick up and leave their beutiful homes. It is really something to stand in the Newell K Whitney store and know that the Father and the Son stood there, too. I think of the sacrifices my ancestors made for the gospel, and I realize there is nothing I can do that compares. Leave my family for 18 months to go live in a 3rd world country? Not even on the radar screen compared to what they did. We are so blessed.
5 comments:
Sound like you all had a blast hope to se you soon. hows the mission stuff going?
Cute pics mom!! I can't believe how big Lucy is getting.
How fun! I think we might have to take a trip out to see them sometime! I do love ice cream!!!
Lucy is darling! They are a cute little family. I'm glad you got to spend some time there. Steve would be in heaven with all the ice cream, he LOVES it!
Great Lucy pictures. Don't worry, I'm sure she'll be exactly the same in 18 months :)
Post a Comment