Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter hi





Easter sunday was a really stressful day for me, since I was the only speaker in church AND had to teach my gospel doctrine lesson on The Bread of LIfe Sermon, as well. I sure was glad to have relief society come around so I could just sit and listen. I did refuse to sing in the choir that day, too, even though I had been practicing all along. I figured my voice could hold out for only so much usage. Mom and Dad and Becki's family joined us for dinner of potatoe salad and hamburgers. How's that for a low key dinner after a hectic day. Janae and her family came over for desert. We missed the rest of the family, but it just wasn't our day. Too bad we can't all clone ourselves so we can be with all family at once. This year my appreciation for and understanding of the atonement grew significantly as I studied and experienced the enabling power of the atonement. How awesome to discover that the atonement works for our weaknesses and infirmities as well as for our sins. Elder Bednar gave a great talk on the enabling power at BYU in 2002, I recommend it to all. I will try to post some pics Erin sent me of Macy, as well as some of my own. Great !I did it again, 2 of the same thing. Try again.

No comments: