Wednesday, April 4, 2007

conference week-end







I love conference week-end. It is so good to be instructed by latter-day apostles and prophets, to be reminded of what really matters in life. I loved Elder Scotts talk on prayer, and everything that was said about families. I don't know why we sometimes treat the ones we love most in a manner we would never think to treat strangers, but we do. It was good to be reminded that we need to treat those who love us most as if we love them most, too. It is so easy to be short tempered with a spouse or lose patience with a whining child, and forget that the Lord's way is kindness and patience and love. I reflected on how many times I lost patience with one of my kids as they were growing up, or have spoken sharply to my husband, and I reslove to do better. I wish I could go back and re-do all the mistakes I have made, but at least I know I can move forward and do better with my awesome grandkids. My kids are much better at parenting than I was, I am so proud of them. Speaking of kids, I will try to post some pictures of some of those I love most. oops, double pictures. I am still learning! I can't get rid of the extras! Help!

No comments: